Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Interview

I got an Interview FINALLY for a Winery in Griffith. I booked my flight. $400 for a return fight and it was an hour out of Sydney!! I got on the plane. It was smaller than a stage coach. No joke. Off we went. The air hostess went through that horrendous safety flight talk and showed us where the life jackets were. I looked out the window the whole time and didn't even see a puddle!! So I was jumping to my death hun. "Ohh and theres a sick bag in the seat pocket." Yeah ok, as if we need a sick bag. I kid you not we did! There was 4 people on that flight AND it landed and picked more people up!! Like a frigging bus stop. I was petrified. I got to Griffith in one piece and and a guy who worked for the hostel picked me and another girl up. Serenella from Italy. She was lovely. Had a look of Lady GaGa. We arrived and were shown to our apartment. Me and Serenella went for a wander. I'd eaten before the flight so wasn't hungry (for a change) We went into a Chinese and Serenalla ordered a meal. When we got back Jonny from Leister was there. Then Cathy from Germany. Then very late on in walked Troy and Kirstie from Manchester. We all got on great. It was late and all went to bed in our single bunkbeds. Troy was above me. He's literally 9ft and I thought I was gonna wake up with my nose touching his mattress. He did the most hilarious Family Guy impressions.
The next day was interview day. We had to go to the local fire station and do it there. We had a fitness test then an interview with two guys. What an hilarious interview I had!! I can't even remember what we talked about now but it was so so funny. I got the job! Believe it or not. They took their time telling us mind. It was a few weeks later and we got an email. Everyone in my apartment got it apart from Serenella, which was just shit. We were to start in the January for Vintage and this was the November. We asked if we could all be together when we came back.
Me and Paul were so upset talking about me having to go. Its 3-4months to get your farm days. I said we would just have to travel and plan to see each other twice in that time. I was going to turn 30 while I was there so said we could meet up then and then again in the March and I would have to be back in the April cause my Visa ended on the 28th.
We made the most of our time we had left together. Paul even got a room to rent in Kingsford so there was no more paying out for hotels. It was near on the same price for a two night stay in a hotel as it was a weeks rent!! On the 24th of November we went to see UB40. What an experience😍 Paul had said in the early days that they were his favourite band and that he had seen them in Tonga so I bought us tickets. We had only know each other a couple of weeks but I knew we would be together. When I first got to Sydney I seen that Sia was performing in the December so I got tickets for her too. WOW! I already loved her but I loved her even more afterwards. What a show! It was like being in her music videos.















No comments:

Post a Comment