Friday, May 10, 2019

Todays the day.

I woke up and we couldn't speak. I just lay there with tears rolling down my face. The pillow was soaked. Paul grabbed me and held me tight. He told me how strong we were as a couple (he still tells me this now). My emotions were everywhere and so were his. I packed and unpacked a thousand times. Said I wasn't going. But I had to.What you do for love eh. Off we went to the bus stop. We got to the airport and I felt petrified! We were constantly together and I knew I was gonna feel lost. We sat and had some banana bread. Then sat on a bench and waited. I couldn't stop crying. We hugged as I was about to leave and he began to cry. That made me worse. Off I went. Like usual, I got full on searched. I got lost trying to find the gate. Finally found it down an escalator. I sat and just cried and cried. I missed him already. We started texting. My heart felt broken. I got on that tiny plane again and headed off into the sunset. I'd kept in touch with my new Griffith buddies and they were in the second group and wouldn't be starting work until the end of January. Two weeks after me. So I'd be in the apartment on my own until they got there. I got settled and went to reception the very next day as the receptionist had been emailing and I had to go down and sign a contract and pay a deposit. 3 hours later I was still in that reception talking to Lauren from Leeds' head off! We clicked. What a lass. We decided to go to Target (a bit like a Matalan) I spent $90 on a bath mat, shower curtain, cactus' and candles. Well.......... it was going to be my home for the next 3months after all. Everyday I would go and torture that poor girl. You know when you just click with someone. I knew we'd always be pals. That girl has stuck by me through thick and thin and I will be forever grateful. Love you LJBF.
I'd been snap chatting the apartment to Kirstie and she and Troy shot gunned that bunk bed. I loved my bunkbed and I was sad to say goodbye to it. I had a good clean around and washed all the pots and pans in the cupboards. It was lovely and warm 45 degrees in fact. You couldn't leave that apartment without sweating a stone in weight. It was hard work but at night time when the sun was going down it was perfect. My washing was dried in an hour!! No joke. Bone dry.


















No comments:

Post a Comment