Monday, May 6, 2019

Palm Beach

Paul had been saying for a while that he missed his boat in Tonga so as a surprise for Christmas I hired a put-put (a small metal motor boat) in Palm Beach. On Christmas Day I told him where we were going but didn't tell him about the boat. We made our hour and a half journey on the bus. "Do you know what we're here for?" "No" I made my way to the cabin to find someone to take us to our boat. His little face lit up when he seen it. Off we went. We had it for 4hours. He thought he was hilarious smashing into all the waves. I was screaming like a pig. At one point the waves were that high (they probs weren't that bad) I couldn't see anything but water. I was terrified. We packed a picnic and found a nice place to eat it. Paul drove, sailed whatever you called it as close to the shore as possible and then said to me "Right throw the anchor in" Sorry hun what! "The anchor?" "Yeah the anchor. It should be at the back under there" he pointed to the back of the boat. He come and got it as I was so confused. The boat was that small we had to be careful moving around it as we were both units and I was about to go overboard. He threw "the anchor" in. "Ohhh, I thought they were just in movies. Like made up" His face was a picture. What has this guy let himself in for. We settled down with our picnic. Next thing to the left of me was a dinosaur!! The Australians call them Lizards. I beg to differ. Sharp shite decided to go and feed it strawberries. It started moving towards him like the girl from The Ring. Then it charged! I've never seen the Tongan move as fast. Even I shot up. I thought should I run to the boat or can the monster swim. It was terrifying. Luckily it gave up and left for the bush.
































No comments:

Post a Comment