Monday, May 27, 2019

21st April 2018

"We're getting married today" I giggled to Paul. We booked an apartment next to our venue for two nights. It was lovely. I got there first and Paul came later on after work. Jimmy and Emma came round. They brought me a bottle of non alcoholic prosecco. I swear I was drunk off the bubbles. We got pizzas and they dressed me up. Emma had put together a video of my nearest and dearests from Aus and my Mam and Dad. I was bawling my eyes out. It was so thoughtful but heart breaking as my Mam and Dad weren't actually with me. Everyone wishing us luck for our special day. On the morning of our wedding me and Paul had an argument. I said I didn't want anything on social media until I had told my family and close friends. His family post a lot on facebook and always go live at events so that's something I did not want! More because I didn't want people finding out through social media. I'd have been so upset. He left and I thought FUCK. He doesn't want to marry me. He came back exactly 3minutes and 36 seconds later and I said "Where have you been?" "Just for a walk" he replied. I was more gutted cause in that short space of time I thought he'd just nipped down to the vending machine for a mid morning chocolate snack........... for me. We both just laughed and flung our arms around each other. "Just chill out" I said. "I will" he replied.
 Jimmy and Emma came round. Paul was a nervous wreck. I was absolutely fine. Him and Jimmy drank bottles of beer while Emma did my makeup. I done my hair and then Natalie and Rob landed and Natalie took the most precious photos. My flowers arrived from the wonderful Leanne and we were just about sorted. Paul's best man had stayed out the night before and wasn't even home at 10.30am. He was supposed to be getting ready with us. I was meant to be braiding his hair. He rolled up at 13.10 and we were getting married at 13.30. Outside Pauls sister, brother in law and niece were just getting out the car. So were Liz and the kids. We were all present. We walked over to our spot and there was no teepee. I had ordered one to get married in front of. Natalie called Leanne. She had set up under the bridge (thats where she had got married) slight confusion on both parts but within 30 seconds she was there, with her business partner and her husband. They must have flew! They set it up and we were good to go. Mote (the best man) had to run back for his tie which was in our room. He had the rings in a bag and yes you may have guessed it......... he left them in the room and had to go back for a second time.
"Are we all here?" The registrar laughed in his Aussie accent. "Right everyone gather round, Charlotte you stand there and walk to us when the music starts" I Hadn't even chose music to walk down to. I just thought we would have just stood there. Rob had brought his speaker and I had made a Wedding Day playlist so I had Pachelbel Canon in D. I met Paul in 2.7 seconds. The thought was there Mr Registrar. He began the ceremony and I noticed I'd lost the ring my Mam gave me years ago. So that put a bit of a dampener on things as People were looking for that for me. Bless them. We began our vows and I just thought, Paul doesn't want to marry me (later on in the night I told him how I thought and he said........ "I knew cameras were on me so I was playing it cool") How bloody vain!! He makes me laugh. What a beautiful ceremony. I would highly recommend. Once we were done we had David Bowie- Hero's as we signed the certificate. Then we began to look for the ring. Jimmy had said about a rhyme you say when you lose something. I've forgot what it was now but we all started saying it. Next thing Natalie pipes up "I'VE FOUND IT!" Thank goodness for that. I could now enjoy my day. We had some photos taken and lots of natural ones which are my fave. I wasn't too well. I could hardly hear and had no sense of smell. But it was my wedding day and I wasn't going to let that get in the way! We walked over to the Ferry which left at 14.15 to go to our wedding reception. Ripple its called. A lovely outdoor restaurant on the harbour. Everyone ordered meals and drinks. It was so nice and chilled. You know when you're waiting for stress but I think because we had such a small wedding it just didn't happen. About $4,000 it cost for the lot! Dress, suit, rings, venue, food, drinks. I would highly recommend this to anyone. I couldn't believe how calm I was. Even when we didn't have the teepee or the rings. I was like yeah its fine. They'll get here. I've realised in life that things out of your control aren't worth stressing over. What will be will be.
After our meal and a good chat the "Young ones" headed over to The Opera Bar at Circular Quay on the Ferry. We got there and it was packed. We had our eye on a big table with only 4 people on it. We hovered around then they got up and said they were leaving. "Thanks so much". The drinks were flowing, there was very good music and we had great company. Lauren joined us at night and a few more of Paul's friends. What a good night we had. There was a band playing Reggae. We were chuffed to bits cause thats mine and Pauls favourite kind of music. They were a band of Islanders. Jimmy had gone up without us knowing and told them we'd just got married. Next thing there was a big announcement "Can we have the bride and groom up for a dance. This is for you!" I was showed up. SOBER! And the rest of them were pissed. They sang Stevie Wonder- Isn't she lovely. I started to get hungry again. Standard. "Anyone want a pizza?" "No thanks" I ordered my pizza and guess what! Everyone ate it! For those of you who don't know me. I don't share. Especially food! It was 22.30 and I just wanted my bed. Everyone went in dribs and drabs and I couldn't wait to be snuggled up next to my HUSBAND😍 I don't need to say anymore. The photos say it all💖
P.s Photo overload↓ (not in order as I'm not clever enough to know how to arrange).





































































































No comments:

Post a Comment