Thursday, May 9, 2019

NYE

Wow! What an experience. We set off from home at 7pm and found our spot under The Harbour Bridge. I ate my body weight in doughnuts that night. The crowds were crazy. Sooooooooo many people and such a great atmosphere. The countdown begun and I've never seen fireworks like it!! It'll be a night I'll never forget. After the fireworks we managed to get a bus to Coogee and we spent a couple of hours on the beach. No bars were taking anymore people which was annoying but the night was just perfect. I had bought some sparklers in a little shop beforehand so lit them on the beach. I thought I was great. Writing my name with them like I used to do in the garden as a 7year old.
New Years Day we went to one of my favourite places to swim, Evie came and met us there. We had a lovely time, had good food and drank prosecco. The sea water was so so nice and refreshing. Paul used to swim under the water and I was terrified. It was like the panic of a shark eating my legs. He'd appear yards away. Being a Pacific Islander made him a very strong swimmer. I was pathetic. We were like kids again. Jumping in from the jetty. My anxiety started kicking in. Knowing it was now January and in 7 days we would be spending 3months apart. Each night when I went to bed my head would be in overdrive and I'd just cry and cry. Paul would hold me tightly and tell me how strong we were. They he would cry. Seeing a man crying breaks my heart. I started packing and going through all my things (I had far too much stuff) as Paul would have to move out the apartment at the end of Feb as it was only a 3month stay as the guy we rented the room off had gone back to India to stay with family. I felt bad he'd be moving all my stuff as well as his. We had a couple of more nights out. We went to the Casio, "the club" in there. I was so small but so so good. I'd been there before with Evie and one of her friends. They had a band on called Uptown Funk. They were awesome and played everything me and Paul loved. We danced all night and I even had to take my new shoes off that Paul had got me for Christmas coz they were killing!! I as per usual made a friend. She was from England but had been in Australia for 20years. She told me off for having no shoes on.



















No comments:

Post a Comment