Saturday, May 18, 2019

Those two little lines

The next day was Saturday. I got up and sorted and me and Kirstie walked down to my favourite shop, Chemist Warehouse. I'd go in for shower gel and come out $100 lighter. I picked up a test and couldn't wait to get back. I only told Kirstie so we kept quiet. I went into the bathroom while she waited in the bedroom and the other 3 were in the living room watching telly. I did the test then placed it down on the floor and put my shorts over it. I left it a couple of minutes, picked it up and there they were. Those two pink lines. I  face timed Paul. He answered and I was beaming. I couldn't speak.  I was just giggling. Then finally I said "It's positive" "What does that mean?" He said. I just kept saying "It's positive." and laughing. I was so giddy. He smiled and said "You're pregnant?" "Yes" I replied and he said "I'm going to be a Daddy" with a massive smile on his face. What an amazing feeling! We were so so happy. Then he said "Where do you want to be here or home?" and I said "Home" "Well thats what we'll do."
  The next day we made a Sunday roast. I said I've got something to tell you all. They were horrified. It was so funny coz I was so happy but I think people thought I shouldn't be. What a bloody good roast we had but what a bloody fight it was in that kitchen. You couldn't swing a cat and it had limited cooking appliances. Why does it take so long, like hours too cook a roast then its demolished in 10minutes. Then you have to wash up!!!!!!! Painful. I went back to work after having a rare weekend off and told HR. They laughed and said just take it easy and do what you can. That winery was something else. What an experience. I was spewing every morning at 5.15. We set off for work at 6 and started 6.30-18.30. Sometimes we got away early cause there was no work to do. Vintage was so slow this year. It had been so dry the the grapes were really small. I started on the Pressers. The grapes came into the crushers by the truck load. With all the spiders, grasshoppers, mice and lizards AKA dinosaurs (not that I want to put you off drinking wine or anything). Then they would come to me at the Pressers. The grapes would fire into the massive machine where it was like a balloon and inflated and deflated, pressing all the juice down to me where I would send it onto the gigantic tanks. I was shit at my job. I had no interest in it and I knew I needed to keep my baby safe. The smell of wine grapes knocked for six and I was constantly retching and running to the toilet. All the chemicals I had to add to the wine scared me too.  I had to wash the tanks out using the dreaded Caustic!!!! My goodness. One time it exploded out the top of the tank and I ran to the power point to know it off and used the spray to neutralise it. The two girls I was working with got it on there ice and one in her eye. It's lethal. Luckily they were ok in the end. Nev was the sweetest man.  He trained me up. He was in his 70's!! I used to go mad at him for working too hard. He really looked after me. We are still in touch now. He reminded me so much of my Grandad and then one day he told me his real name was John and his middle name was Nevel. My Grandad was called John. I was constantly tired and the 45 degree heat didn't help. Troy was my wing man. We were inseparable. We did everything together. The tales I could tell about our time are hilarious but I'd be sat here hours writing about them. Keep being you Troy. You do it so well. I'd just like to mention Simone AKA Cinnamon A. A breath of fresh air. A friend for life. She was 20 at the time and I was just mesmerised by her. She could speak 5 languages, had been a model, was from Estonia and she was travelling the world with not a care in the world. We need more people like you in the world Simone. What a girl! Ohh and she was also a Tattoo Artist. I adored her and still do. Until we meet again my girl. And Jonny. Ohh my Jonathan. Never change. Keep enjoying your adventures. Thank you for never wasting my leftovers and making me giggle.
Me and Paul decided I'd try and get my 88days to gain my second year visa. Stay in Aus, have the baby there and then move to England. Plan. But they started getting rid of people. I was bound to go. I wasn't much use anymore but them HR and the big boss man knew my situation. Everyone said they wouldn't get rid of me but I knew they would. You were just a number. They couldn't careless about your future. Harsh really. They promised us all when we first started that we'd get our 88days for our work. The time came where they finished me. I was in the second group to go. 56days I got!! In 10 weeks. I was angry, I cried, I was happy (as I hated being there) but loved the people I worked with and now the whole plan would have to be changed. I left Griffith on the 17th March and my Visa ended on the 27th of April. There was no chance I'd get my days. "Just come home" Paul said. "I'll come to England."





My Cinemon A


"The Muskers" The red wine you drink this year. We made last year.





My Nev.

"Vintage 2018!"

One of my favourite places to eat........... The Health Hut.

The Estonian Princess, The Scottish Queen and my Aussie Pal



My Wingman




Jonathan.

And the gorge youngster on the end is my Aussie pal Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment