Monday, May 6, 2019

Little swimmer

My last day with the family was the 21st December. After my 17hour shift I said some very emotional goodbyes. I was dreading this day but also couldn't wait for it as I was moving in with Paul. I left my family home at 12am and jumped in an Uber. Off I went. I'd been moving things into Pauls gradually so didn't have too much to take with me. I got out the taxi and Paul was on his way to meet me. It felt like the beginning of an amazing adventure. My Boss had gave me a card. I opened it and it was a thank you for all my hard work. Such lovely words were in that card. I got emotional, hysterical in fact. "I've left my babies" I cried into Pauls shoulder. "Let's make our own" he said. "Ok" I sobbed. True story.
Paul always said I wasn't leaving Australia until I had a ring on my finger. The plan was to do my farm work and get my second year visa. Do another year in Aus and then go from there. Paul always said he'd like to come to England so that was always an option if I couldn't stay in Australia. I would come back to England in the April once my first year ended. Stay till the 1st June. Paul would come the last two weeks of my stay then we'd go back to Aus together and I would look for a job. The day before Christmas Eve we went to the pop up cinema at Darling Harbour to watch Home Alone 2. We'd gone to the wine shop and I found a bottle of red from De'Bortoli. This is the winery I was going to work on. (Tesco sell it and I made the red wine which is on sale this year) Christmas Eve was spent at Pauls Sisters. We took round Amelia's presents. We'd got her a Moana fancy dress outfit as she was our very own Moana. Every year my Mam buys me Christmas Eve pyjamas and this time I had to buy my own and some for my boyfriend. I had to keep up the tradition. He was in the shower (we had an en-suite) and I'd wrapped the pyjamas a few days before and hid them. When I got out the bath on Christmas Eve my Mam would sneak them on my bed. So this is what I would do. I went in the bathroom and got ready for the shower. "Whats this" Paul shouted through. "Just wait till I get out" I came into the bedroom and he was sat in his normal shorts and bloody t-shirt!! "Could you not of just waited" I shouted but laughing at the same time. I explained what my Mam always did for me as he opened them. We spent Christmas Day together. Ohhhhh how weird and different it was. We lived in a flat share so went and made Christmas dinner at Pauls sisters as her and the family had gone to a family members. I say Christmas dinner. We had steak, salmon, prawns and veggies. I wanted to go to the beach (just to say I'd been to the beach on CHRISTMAS Day) It wasn't what it was all cracked up to be. 1. it was cold and 2. it was spitting. But I'd still been to the beach on Christmas Day. It was a fab day as we were together but sad as Christmas Time is associated with Family time. We both felt quite lonely. FaceTime was our savour this very fine day.















No comments:

Post a Comment