Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Reunited

Todays the day! I was up at the crack of dawn. I was going to pick my Husband up from MANCHESTER airport. I can't even describe the excitement. My Dad was coming with me along with my bump. I had totally forgot that my Dad and Paul had never met! I wass waiting at meet and greet. It was a different terminal to the one I arrived at. I waited at the gate and my Dad wandered off "I'll let you two have your time together first" Bless him. I waited, and I waited. So many people came through that gate. But not Paul. I called my Dad. "I haven't got a good feeling Dad. Come back" He stood behind me. People started leaving. Next thing my phone rang through facebook messenger. It was Paul. "Babe I've been held up at immigration. I'll let you know what happens" "Are you ok?" I said. "Yeah I'm ok thank you. I better go" I was petrified! Next thing my phone rang again. I don't usually answer to unknown numbers. "Hello" "Hello, are you expecting someone at Manchester Airport?" "Yes" I replied. "Who" "My Husband" She absolutely grilled me. How long have you known each other, when did you meet, where did you meet, how old is Paul, when is his birthday, I believe you're pregnant, are you due in October, where will you be staying here, how will you provide for Paul. He hasn't got enough money here to maintain his stay. Did you know he'll have to leave the country to apply for another Visa? "Yes" I said (actually no I didn't but you're just saying that to scare me, I thought. Ohh how very wrong was I) Where will he go to apply for his visa. Will he go back to Australia, who will he stay with, what will he do for work. Will he go back to the job he was doing. This conversation was never ending. "Dad they're not gonna let him in here" We waited and we waited. I was shaking. My heart was going mental. I didn't take my eyes off that gate. And there he was. My beautiful, tired, smiling Husband. I could barely walk, but I ran to him. WOW! The relief. All the emotions running through my body. I can't even remember what we said to each other. It’s all a blur. We then walked towards my Dad. True gents stood in front of each other. And there's the handshake......😊
Off we went to find the car. It felt so bizarre. I couldn't stop holding Paul's arm. Then, and weeks, even months later I kept saying to him "Are you really here. Are you real?





No comments:

Post a Comment