Thursday, June 20, 2019

Our last days as a 3

We have made some wonderful memories. Christmas was great and we truly showed Paul how us Brits do it. On Christmas Eve we left a carrot on the door step for Rudolph, a mince pie and a glass of red for Santa and we even sprinkled Reindeer food on the decking so he could find his way. It was a special Christmas. But still this whole leaving thing was hovering over us like a big dark cloud. We went fishing on Whitehaven Harbour. Seeing Paul fish was something else. He had a Heineken bottle attached to a long piece of wire with a weight and hook at the end with his bait on. 7 fish he caught in an hour!! We took Milla for her first swim. She absolutely loved it! We spent New Years Eve in with my Mam, Dad, Brother and his kids as his partner was on night shift. Just a nice chilled night. I don't really like doing anything on New Years Eve but my favourite thing to do is watch Joules Holland. We discovered the lovely Lowes Water and met a lovely lady with her Dog, Lowey named after the lake. She was now on her own as her Husband had sadly passed away a few years before. She lived down south and sold up and came to live in Cumbria. Her favourite place. My bestest Lauren who I met in Australia came home for a month over Christmas. Her Kewi Boyfriend Matt came over too and we met them at Grasmere. Another one of my fave places. It was sooooooooooo good to see her and Matt just bounce off each other. I was delighted to see how good she was doing and also looked. We also visited Rydal Caves. That was a good adventure. It was awesome. We spent a lot of time at our dear friends Daniel and David'. They have looked after us so much and I don't know what we'd do without them. So thank you you two🧡 I took Paul to Wasdale and we had an amazing Sunday Lunch at The Strands. We went for Afternoon Tea at Lingla Cafe in Frizington. Another little gem. We went to Buttermere and Paul danced on the icy puddles. We met a lovely little couple from The Wirral who were here on holiday. I love meeting new people. I believe it makes a massive difference to your life. The Rugby lads had a get together in the Club after Paul's last match. They presented him with a Rugby shirt with his name printed on the back and made him man of the match. He was so proud and it was very emotional. We had our last family meal at The Parkside. That was really nice. Paul also bought all cards for me that I'd be needing while he was away. Mothers Day, my Birthday, Valentines Day. That was a bit sad watching him write them out. The pain I was feeling let alone him was horrific. I can't even explain because I'd never felt this before. How were we ever going to get through this. Apart for at least 3 months! This is how long it can take. Up to 60 working days. Paul not seeing Milla grow and achieve. It was soul destroying.



































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment