Thursday, June 27, 2019

Another few days

We got home and we were numb. “Has that actually just happend?” We all kept asking each other. There was nothing we could do that night as it was late so I would make some phone calls in the morning.
I called budget air and explained the situation. I said you never stated that he needed a transit visa. “You should have just known” “Ive never heard of a transit visa and why should I just know. I don’t often make the two day journey to Tongan. In fact I never have!!” I was so pissed off. I was left on hold three times why he went to speak to "His manager" He explained that I could either book another flight and pay the difference or lose my money. "I'll book another flight for this weekend please" Off he went. On hold. Came back. "Right theres no flight this weekend to Tonga" "No flights. Really!" Then he went again. On hold. "I can get Paula to Sydney. Is that ok" "You can get him to Sydney? No that's not ok. He needs to get home. This is the problem he's just had!" Off he goes again. On hold. "No sorry I can only get him to Sydney" "So I'm going to lose my £899 plus fees!" "Yes" Smart. Thanks for nothing.
My Mam rang my Uncle and he went to Cumbria Travel in town. He called and said go down and speak to Jamie. He can sort you out. So off we went. Me, Paul, Mam and Milla. Jamie was great. He got Paul a flight to Tonga for the Saturday. So Budget Air were talking shit. Jamie said there were plenty of flights. He even called New Zealand Government to see if Paul needed a Transit Visa. He didn't as his stop over wasn't for longer than 8hours. His route home was different this time. He flew from Manchester- Do-ha -New Zealand- Tonga. Epic. With Budget Air it was going to take 45 hours and with Cumbria Travel only 35. It cost £1,500. I couldn't recommend them enough.
We had a lovely few days together. Just us. It was a strange feeling. It didn't feel as sad as we'd felt the worst pain the week leading up to him going.



Milla's First Snow⛄




















1 comment: