Thursday, June 27, 2019

Airport.......... round 2 (2/2/2019)

The day had arrived. We were so excited. Sounds funny but we just wanted him out the country before his visa ended. Two days and it was over. We didn't have time for another cock up. We travelled down the day before and stayed at Grandma's for the night as his flight was early afternoon. We got to the airport in plenty of time and joined the cue. We were on pins. I was watching like a hawk to see if he had got checked in. My Dad had to go for a walk. YESSSSSSSSSSS! Then the emotions started. My tummy was in knots. We stood and made small talk as he held his girl for the last time in a long time. My heart was breaking. Mam and Dad gave us some time but stood close. "You should go soon" Paul said. It was just cruel. You could tell the hanging around was killing him. He said goodbye to my Mam and Dad and thanked them for everything. All three of them, then me were bawling our eyes out. Is this really happening. I was still hoping someone was going to come over to us and say "It's ok, he can stay" We walked towards the departure gate for him to go through customs. "Look after our baby girl" We said our goodbyes. I stood in floods of tears as he went up the escalator. He walked along the corridor and I could see him in every window until there were no more. I turned around and left for the lift. A worker was looking at us in horror. Bless him. I couldn't breath. I was holding my girl tight. Does she realise whats just happened. I don't know whether I'd had a panic attack or an anxiety attack. I was numb.



George Ezra- Hold my girl reminds me of this picture so much💔










She's just a Daddy's girl💖

No comments:

Post a Comment