Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Sweet but Psycho

  Right! Just carry on dancing I thought. I think I'm a great dancer. I was in my own little world (as usual) I had my back to "my future husband' and thought how can I get him to notice me. (Little did I know, he already had). The night seemed so long. It was about 10pm. I carried on drinking and generally loving life. Natalie and Rob left. No idea what time and I was left with the other couple who bought me drinks all night. They were so lovely. A Kiwi guy and a Scottish girl. I had my eye on my husband all night and then seen him talking to another girl. GREAT! Out of luck. I carried on dancing, got told to get off the stage after snake hipping to Justin Bieber- Despacito. Like how desperate!! Just notice me. Come and talk to me! Because I'm not coming to talk to you. Thats not my thing. I don't know how to flirt!! And the most someones ever flirted with me was when I was in a pet shop and an African Grey wolf whistled as I walked past. Champion. Any way............. He was still talking to this other girl then I seen her leave. He didn't go with her. Bonus! He kept going outside and talking to the security guys. I could see him from the large windows as my face was pressed against the glass stalking him. The couple I was with said they were leaving so I walked to the doors with them. "Do you want to share our taxi?" "Ohh no thanks don't worry you're the opposite direction to me. I'll get in the next one". I had no clue where I was or where it was they lived and if it was in the opposite direction or not. I knew I wasn't going home it was only 1am and I was determined to catch my husbands eye. So I thought right. Next plan......... FaceTime Sophie (my good pal in Cheshire) She was getting ready for a night out. It was 4pm there and she was doing her make up. My husband was standing talking to security again and I was stood down the couple of steps to the left leaning against the wall. Two police officers walked past "Say hello to England" I gollared. They said "Hello England" and Sophie said it back. She must have been thinking What The F+*k! I then turned to security and done the same thing (what a loser). I came back to my wall and my husband came behind me, put his arm around me and waved "Hello England" The look on my face!! "Bye" I shouted and put the phone down. In a split second I felt chuffed, excited, nervous, scared and so bloody great with myself. Mission accomplished!
  For some reason he decided to play fight (thats all I could describe it as) like a boxer so me being me did it back and he said "Ohh you can box". I said "Yeah I used to go boxing" (true). I said "Whats your job and how old are you?" "A rugby player and I'm 25". Ok I'm 29 I thought. Hmmm this could maybe work. I do usually go for around the same age or older. This is ok. "Who do you play for?" I said. "Paramatta Eels" "Ohhh I've heard of them I said. My brother played Rugby. He said "Can you play pool". "Yeah" I replied (false). As we walked inside back to the sports bar where I was before he said "What's your name?" "Charlotte, whats yours?" "Paul" There were a few pool tables. He lined up his coins and then went to the bar to get us drinks. I instantly thought what a gentleman. In the past this has never happened to me. It was always me spending my money. We played pool for hours and we got talking to a few other people along the way. We talked the whole time and I asked him where he as from "Tonga" and I'm from "England" He thought I was Lebanese. He played a couple of games with some other guys while I sat and watched texting my bestie Kayleigh. She said send me a photo now!! So I sent her one of him that I took on the sly. Kayleigh said he was perfect coz he was in all black (we love all black clothes). He seemed to know everyone. "Do you come here often" I said. "Yeah every weekend" I was full on flirting. Potting the balls with the cue behind my back! Who even am I!! He walked past me to take his shot and kissed me. I was like, I'm in love!! It was literally love at first sight. That night I was on a mission. I needed to find a husband, a best friend. Someone I could turn to and have the best of times with. Could this be him? Even though I'd only known him a few hours, I felt like I'd known him forever. Something was telling me this is good. He is a good man. It got to about 4-5am and he said "Lets go for a walk" "Ok" I said scared but excited. We walked along a little path lit with street lamps. It was quite breezy and I could hear the sea but couldn't see it. He held my hand. Right away I felt protected. "I'll take you to a special place I like to go" I said joking "Ohh is that where you take all the girls?" "No" he said laughing. "Get on my back" so I did and he carried me down a small bank onto the cliff edge. I panicked and joked saying "Ohh I'm scared, please don't kill me, I'm too young to die!" He laughed "Just take my hand and trust me" I did. I could feel sand in my sandals. He said "Look at that view" "What view?" I said in my sarcastic voice. "It's pitch black and all I can see is lights" He laughed and said "Well when its light its a beautiful view". We left there and went and sat on a bench and kissed. I said "I need to go home now before the family wake up and I walk in showing myself up" That was one of the difficult things about being a live in Nanny. I  wanted to stay half professional and respectful even when I wasn't working. We set off walking back and he asked for my number. YESSSSSS! I felt so happy. He began to take my number and when he came to put my name in he paused. I said "You've forgot my name haven't you!" He did this gorgeous little smile (I still remember the way he looked at me, all shy with his stunning deep brown eyes) and stored my number as Beautiful. "You little sicko!" I joked. We got to the taxi rank and he said "Do you want to stay at mine?" I said "No I do not, I'm not like that!" and he said "Ohh no thats fine" with a look of terror on his face. "I've ran out of money" I said, shamed. "Well get in this taxi with me, I'll go to mine (it was literally up the road) and I'll get you some cash coz I haven't got enough either" I said "No, I'm not staying at yours!" "No" he said "Trust me" So I got in the taxi and got to his. He explained to the taxi driver and said "Go nowhere" He came back out 30seconds later and handed me a 50 dollar note. Wow! How kind is this man. "Thank you so much!!" "Let me know when you get home" He said. "I will. Thanks again" and off I went. I got home, went to the bathroom, came to bed and had a text off him. I replied and said I was home. And off to sleep I went. A very giddy girl.




2 comments:

  1. Awww, Charlotte this is so beautiful, I have loved reading these please keep them coming xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Lisa:) I'll get my skates on. Next one has just gone up xxx

      Delete