Monday, April 29, 2019

Soppy soppy soppy


 The next day we got up feeling all refreshed and relaxed. Off we went on the bus. I said "Do you remember what we said last night?" "Yeaah" he replied. I smiled and said "I love you" "Love you too" he said. We were like two giddy kids.

The following weekend we went to Coogee beach and talked for hours. He said "This is forever" 
My life was made in that moment.

We were walking through Circular Quay and I was telling him all about me and why I moved away. So here goes....... I've always felt out of place here in Cumbria. Like I didn't belong and my heart was somewhere else. My friends had children before me and were settled and I was just the third wheel in all relationships. Throughout life like many of us I have gained friends and lost (I will talk about that later on) I moved to Cheshire in April 2014 at the age of 26. I got a job at a Nursery in Knutsford. Knutsford is a place close to my heart as my Dad is from there and my Grandma still lives there. My Grandad died the September before and I couldn't bare the thought of my Grandma being down there on her own. I'd always wanted to move away and always wanted to try Knutsford or Manchester. So off I went. My first day at work on the Monday was shit. People down there didn't make me feel welcome (at first anyways) total different breed to us Cumbrians. I'd say Hello to people that walked past me and they'd jump a mile and reluctantly say it back. Anyway I kept being me. I left after my 10hour shift on my first day and called my pal Kayleigh. Her Daughter Lyla, my god daughter came on the phone (she was my absolute world) and before I left I looked after her in a Nursery and hated that I was leaving her. "When are you coming back to look after me" Wellllllllllll my heart just sank and I burst into tears. What the f#*k have I done I thought. I'd left loved ones and came to a place I'd been coming to for 26 years but never met anyone. I was starting a fresh new life and I now felt petrified. I stuck that job out for 6months and met some great people in the end. I also had an absolute blast working in a bar on bottom street on Friday and Saturday nights. I felt so young again and loved that no one knew me but got called "That Gordie Girl" Nah very wrong. I was sick of explaining that I lived two hours away from Newcastle. "You sound just like Cheryl Cole" They'd say and I'd reply with "I wish I looked like her!" Paul said how do you feel here? and I said "Like I fit in. I feel really happy"

     
































No comments:

Post a Comment