Sunday, April 7, 2019

I found him

  I kept in touch with the guys from the hostel and went out with them a few more times.
Then Natalie got in touch and asked if I wanted to go and watch the Rugby game in Coogee where she lived with some other couples. I got myself ready, got a bus to Bondi Junction (thats the only route I knew by bus) panicked and flagged down the next passing cab. I got to Natalie's flat and we had cheese, biscuits and wine. Perfect combo. I had previously met Natalies boyfriend Rob on our first night out when we fell through the door on 'The wine night' He's originally from Wales and had been in Australia 7 years. He was so so lovely and even though we were very drunk and most definitely annoying he was so calm and welcoming. He even ordered us a Chinese!! Perfect gentleman. This was the 1st July 2017 and I'd just done 'No junk June' so decided to go wild. I felt great! I've always struggled with my self esteem. Finally I was happy with the way I looked and my style. I wore some super skinny black jeans with cute little tassels around the ankles, a white top, black leather jacket and my black Dr Marten sandals (I love black). My hair was down and I'd only recently had it done at a VERY expensive salon in Rose Bay. It was just past my shoulders in length, dark and really shiny. I felt positive this day. The sun was shining (99% of the time it did. After all I was in Australia) To me though, there was a slight chill as it was "Winter" (23 degrees). I started to get tipsy and said what I thought was in my head "I'm going to find my husband tonight!" "And I want him to be a Maori" Natalie and Rob told me there was a Maori guy in the flat below that had just split up from his girlfriend. To which I replied "Too soon" It's ok I'll find him tonight I said. I'm going to find my husband.
  We stumbled down the hill into Coogee to a place called 'Coogee Bay Hotel' We walked to the back of the place where we came to a huge room with a massive screen. Rob went to the bar for drinks. I watched the game (well in a fashion) It was a great atmosphere and I felt the night was going to get even better. I'm not going to lie. I was like a dog on heat looking for a Maori or any kind of Pacific Islander!! I did see one. I didn't even have to see his face. He was tall, dark and muscular. That could be him I thought. I looked a little further and seen a girl next to him. Ohh never mind.
  Once the game finished we carried on the night in the sports bar. Everyone was getting drunker and drunker and I felt a bit lonely. I noticed a kebab shop across the road and told the rest of the guys that I was going for something to eat. I went all out as June was over and ordered chips, cheese and garlic dip. What a classy bird! I sat outside on the pavement and ate them like I'd never been fed. I went back into the bar. My friend Evie had messaged and said they were going out in New Town. I went on my Uber app to see how long my journey would take and it said 30mins. That would cost me a fortune, and then I needed to get home again. I was so close to going.  I then noticed an ice cream parlour. "I'm just going for an ice cream" I told them. I can't even remember what flavours I ordered but it was HUGE! I sat in on my own. I went back to the bar and when I came through the main doors off the street, to my left was a room filled with disco lights and music blaring 'Beyonce- Single Ladies' YESSSSSSS! I went to gather everyone. Some left and me, Natalie, Rob and another couple went in to dance. As I walked through the double doors and found my spot to let rip I turned around and seen three men walk through the doors. I turned to Natalie and said "There's my husband!"





No comments:

Post a Comment